Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Slash in Phx! Autographs, Photos and More!

Last week on Wednesday, one of the greatest guitarists of all time graced the Valley of the Sun. Yes, you guessed it...Slash feat. Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators were here. I had already planned on trying to get my Lies album signed and was headed down to the arena with my friend when we heard Slash on a local radio section. We quickly changed direction towards the station. Now, most radio interviews last about 15 min or so. With this in mind, we were hustling as quickly as we could. This particular interview lasted 45 minutes, so we made it with plenty of time to spare.

Now the interview is over and here comes Slash in a black SUV. As the gate is opening, we are holding up our items (there are 3 of us there). He stops the car and rolls down the window only to tell us that he will be signing after the show and do we have tickets. I said "No"...and my friend said he had to work, so reluctantly; he signed one item each and I got this 16x20 photo done. Thanks Slash!


Now, you would think that would be enough; but those of you that know me...well...enough said. I did, in my defense, go home and was not going to go down to the arena until after the show, as that's when he said he would sign...that is, until my friend Cary called me and said he had a ticket for me to not only the concert, but to the sound check as well. He had won tickets on the radio and already brought a friend, but Cary being Cary; he made friends with another guy there who's guest could not make it...and away I went. Thanks Shawn! I raced to the venue and made it with 2 minutes to spare. :)

Here is some video I shot while at the Slash sound check, which there were only 8 of us watching. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.



As Slash was leaving the stage, I asked him to sign my cd, since no memorabilia was allowed inside. He looked at me like I was crazy. Little did he know...I am. LOL. Now, my friend Cary is almost as lucky as I am and won a contest for a signed guitar and meet/greet with Slash. While he was back there, he got 2 albums signed and gave me one...since I got his CSN albums signed the day before. What a pal! Here is the album he got done for me. Thanks Cary!


We went and got lunch at Jack In The Box (it was the only thing around), and waited for the doors to open for the show. The show was fantastic! The opening group was Foxy Shazam, and if you haven't seen these guys...they are amazing! I've only seen a few bands (Safety Suit) that have that much energy. They were also nice enough to sign a poster for me after the sound check.


Here is some video footage from the Slash concert. I was only able to get bits and pieces of songs, as security was up our a** for taping.


After the show, we waited another 2 hours before Slash came out, but he did line everyone up and said he would do 1 per person. I was able to sneak back in line a get another one done. :p
Here is the 16x20 and my Lies album that are now done.



And the finished products are:


Hope you enjoyed another edition of As Joe's World Turns! Stay tuned kiddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment