Sunday, September 16, 2012

Crosby, Stills and Nash! Alright...just Stills and Nash.

On Tuesday of last week, the classic band Crosby, Stills and Nash were in town to do a show in downtown Phoenix. After uncovering which hotel they were staying at, my friend Shawn and I went on the hunt. Right after arriving at the hotel, we (we being Shawn) spotted Graham Nash, who said he would sign for us when he came back from getting coffee. He kept to his word and signed 2 items each. I was able to get him on my guitar, and an album; and snuck in an album for my friend Cary, who had to work (the fire dept keeps him busy I guess).

We then waited for a few hours for Stephen Stills to come out, and when he finally did...on the bus he went. We jumped in our cars and followed him to the venue. Shawn was able to catch him and get his 2 albums done. I missed him by 10 seconds while I was looking for a place to park. I called to him as he was walking away from Shawn, but he ignored me. The good news is while I was waiting for him to come back out, Graham came out of his bus and signed Cary's other album for me. David Crosby told me, in a very polite way, to go F*** myself. Not in those exact words, but he kept saying "No...I don't do that...No...I don't sign...No...I don't take pictures with people...No means NO". It was expected, since I heard he was impossible, but it still bothered me as I was the ONLY ONE THERE.

Oh well...Stephen finally came back out and took my guitar and all 3 albums onto the bus and signed them. Thanks so much Graham and Stephen! You are much nicer than your pal David!

Here are the results of my hard work:





And that's my CSN story. Hope you enjoyed it! Until next time kiddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment