Monday, August 6, 2012

Castle Cast, Jeremy Renner and Aaron Paul! Photo's and More!

My son and I decided at the last minute to make a trip to LA to try for Aaron Paul  from Breaking Bad and Jeremy Renner. Since Breaking Bad is one of Jordon's favorite shows (and mine too by the way), we decided it would be worth a day trip to LA to try for these guys. Now, those of you that know me are aware that I have a few favorite tv shows...in no particular order:

Sons Of Anarchy
Breaking Bad
Castle
True Blood
Dexter

I would probably have to add Revenge to my list now, as well as Newsroom. If you haven't seen Newsroom on HBO, it is amazing! You really have to pay attention to keep up, but well worth the concentration. LOL.

The reason why I mentioned my fav shows is because the morning we were leaving on our journey, I found out that Castle would be taping the first show of the new season that day in downtown LA. I quickly grabbed my photo's that I had been lucky enough to have Nathan Fillion sign at the Spider-Man premiere and headed out the door. We left at about 5:30 am and arrived in LA about noon. We found where the base camp was for Castle and lucky for us, it was in a parking lot where their trailers where right next to the sidewalk. All we had between us and the cast was a 3' gate. Now I was getting excited!

The first person we saw was Jon Huertas, who plays Det. Esposito came out and as he was signing for us, Seamus Dever (Det. Ryan) came over to join the signing party. They were both very, very nice and chatted with us a bit about the dust storm that had just blown through AZ and how we must be HUGE fans to make the drive just for them. We both took a photo with (see mine below) and added them to my 3 cast 11x14's. Thanks so much guys!


Next to arrive on set was none other than Castle himself, Nathan Fillion. When we called for him, he said he would be a few minutes and stuck to his word. A few minutes later, he was nice enough to come sign a few index cards for us and take a picture with each of us. Since I already had him on my cast shot, I had him sign a couple index cards. Thanks so much Nathan! You were great!


It was a long wait for Stana Katic, who plays Det. Kate Beckett on the show; but well worth it. Since she was filming a scene when we arrived, we had to wait until she was done and the crew broke for lunch. When we called her, she came right over and started chatting with Jordon. She was very nice and signed our 4 cast shots...and even asked if it was okay for her to draw a mustache on her image for one of the pictures. I told her she could do whatever she wanted and she did :P

This one has both Nathan and Stana on it, as well as her personal touch.


Here are the 3 cast 11x14 photo's we got finished with Nathan, Stana, Jon and Seamus on them.





Now as Stana finished signing our pictures, a gentleman came up and went to give her a hug; which I think freaked her out a little bit so she said she had to go and we didn't get the photo with her. Of course, we can't go out like that. Who knows when I will get back down to LA and have this opportunity again, so we waited for her to come back out. Once she did, we quickly called for her and told her the guy had left; so she came over and took a picture with us and thanked us for being fans. What a classy lady. I think I'm in love! Thanks Stana!




I told Jordon that if we didn't get another autograph that day, I would be still be happy. He agreed but said he really wanted to get a picture with Aaron Paul, so off we went.

Once we arrived at the show, we had a couple hours to wait. About 6:30 pm or so, Aaron Paul arrived and came right over (of course, the crowd was screaming for him) and proceeded to sign autographs for about 10 minutes. We were lucky enough to get him on 3 photo's on the way in. While he was signing, Jeremy Renner arrived and the crowd started yelling for him. So what does Aaron do, stop signing and he started yelling "Jeremy" along with us. It was great!








Jeremy went in and didn't come over, but as soon as he was done taping...over to us he came. It was crazy! There were people pushing, yelling, trying to get as many as they could. Between Jordon and I, we were able to get 4 11x14's of Jeremy done. It took a lot of work, but well worth it. He was very nice at the Avengers premiere, and followed it up here. Thanks so much Jeremy!

Now, back to Aaron. Once he was done taping, he went into the concert performance by NAS and Rick Ross (who both ignored us by the way), but when he was finished he came over and signed a few. I was able to get 1 done during this time. I quickly ran around the parking area and waited for his car to pull out. I had heard he was super nice and would roll down and sign, and that's exactly what he did. Jordon asked him first to sign and then take a photo and was lucky enough to get both. We each got a photo with and with the help of a couple of friends (thanks Angel and Ryan), we got a few more pictures signed for a total of 9 Aaron Paul autographs.









He even put "Yo Bitch" on this one. Of course, I had to ask :p



Well, that puts an end to our night and it was a long trip home, but we LOVED this trip. With the exception of the $88 parking ticket I got :( 

Catch you at the next one!






No comments:

Post a Comment