Monday, June 4, 2012

Sons Of Anarchy Time Folks!

This was a great trip to California. Not only did I get a bunch done at the True Blood premiere, but I was lucky enough to find out where SOA was filming and did my due diligence by printing photos and driving my happy butt from AZ to get them. Here is the story:

I found out early (like 2am) where Sons was filming the next day and made the decision to drive down for them. After a long car ride and a lot of planning, I picked up my photos and landed close to the set. When I got there, I saw the base camp and a few members of the crew; but no cast members. I waited about 3 long hours to see if anyone was going to show up. You see, you never know when the call time is for actors (could all be at different times) or who is even filming the scene, so it's a waiting game to get anything at all. I decided to finally talk to one of the staff and after much conversation back and forth, I gathered the info I needed.

There were going to be 4 cast members filming today. Charlie (Jax), Tommy (Chibs), Boone (Bobby Elvis) and Kim (Tig). These are 4 of my favorite cast members, so I was really happy with the news. The problem was that they were not scheduled to be on set until 1am and it was only 2pm. I decided to go catch a movie, grab a bite to eat and go back to set.

Okay, it's 10:30pm now and I'm back and ready. When I arrived, there was already activity going on. I saw Tommy, Boone and Kim eating with the crew and a couple minutes later I hear a loud bike coming down the street. Could it be Jax Teller himself? It was...Charlie Hunnam pulled in on his black bike and walked across the street to eat before hitting the set. Let the games begin!

About a half hour after seeing this, Tommy comes across the street and is nice enough to sign my 3 SOA logo pics I have. One for me, one for my Aunt Jessie and one for my friend Shawn. As he was finishing talking with me, Boone pulled his car across the street and got out to sign for me. Both were very nice and took pics with me as well. Thanks so much fellas!


This is the shot of Tommy Flannagan and me. He plays Chibs on the show.



This is Mark Boone Junior, who told me to just call him Boone. Both were very nice, even though they don't smile in pictures. LOL.



Next to cross the street was Kim Coates, who plays Tig on the show. He had his hands full with his To Go dinner and started to come my way when I told him I was more than happy to wait until he had his hands free. He told me he would be back in a minute and went into his trailer. Then came Charlie Hunnam, my favorite on the show; who said he would be happy to sign but had to put his coffee down in his trailer. What a great group of guys! This looked like it could be an early night and I could be on my way back home to AZ soon. Nice thought huh.

Both guys got pulled into make-up and then they jumped on the van to go film their scenes. Fast forward 4 hours and it's now a little after 4am in the morning. I have been standing outside in the cold (it was cold for Cali) and all I had was a short sleeve shirt and jeans on, to which the crew and security guards were making fun of me all night. I didn't want to sit in the car because I might fall asleep or I could miss them if they didn't see me when they pulled back on the lot. For these reasons, I froze my butt off.

In comes the van with the guys on it. Immediately after getting off the van, over comes Charlie. He apologizes for making me wait saying he had to deal with some issues and forgot I was waiting. I said it was no problem, that I was just chillin'...literally. He laughed and talked to me as he signed my things. Beautiful autographs and what a nice guy! I was extremely happy at this point (although the picture I took of him and I is blurry so I will have to get another one next time). While Charlie was chatting with me, here comes Kim walking across the street. Charlie offered to take a picture of us before he took off and then Kim was nice enough to sign for me while apologizing for making me wait. What a great group of guys. I told him my that I turned my 62 yr old aunt into a stone cold SOA fan and they both told me to tell her "Thanks". How cool is that!

Charlie Hunnam and I. One of the nicest guys you will ever meet!


Kim Coates was a great guy as well. No wonder I'm such a big fan. That, and it's a SICK show!



Well...right after Kim walked away, I got in my car and headed back home as happy as could be after such a great day. This is why I do this. You run a risk when meeting people you admire and respect. They could be super nice, as the SOA crew was, or they could NOT. I have met both and days like this keep me doing what I enjoy for my hobby. Thanks so much Charlie, Tommy, Kim and Boone! You have made me an even bigger fan and I didn't think that was possible. See you next time!

Here are the 12x18 pics I got done and the personal inscription from Charlie. Very Happy!






Hope you enjoyed my tale of triumph with the SOA crew. I still have to go back and get the rest of the guys and girls at some point soon. Hope that goes as well as this one did. Wish me luck people!

No comments:

Post a Comment