Monday, June 4, 2012

HBO's True Blood Season 5 Premiere

Well...I have been a True Blood fan since it started and have not been able to make the trip from AZ to Cali for some reason or another, to attend the season premiere each year. This year that all changed! With the help of my fellow grapher friends in LA, I was able to get enough advance notice to attend this years event on Wednesday night. It was a long day (preparation, flight and waiting), but well worth it. Here is what went down :

I got to the event at around noon and there were already 30 people or so lined up. Some got there as early as 7 am (mental note for next year), so I was about halfway down the first barricade when it went up. Not the best, but still a very good place to be. Luckily for us, the staff was bringing people over without us even yelling for them, so it was a parade of TB stars down the line. Some of them got pulled away before they made it to me (lucky them), but I managed to get almost everyone who came to sign.

The parade started with Adina Porter, who plays Tara's mom on the show. She was awesome. Signing, smiling and taking pictures with all the fans all the way down the line of both barricades.



Next on the parade of stars, was the big guy himself, Joe Manganiello. Yep, you heard right...the next stripper star of Magic Mike :)  You might also know him as Alcide. Joe started at the far barricade and worked his way towards the front. He would not take pictures with anyone (I know, but very time consuming), but did sign multiple autographs for people; which was great since I needed him on both my items. While he was on one end, Giles Matthey (Claude) signed on the other. He advised me that he will be a fairy on season 5.




Next up was the new 9 yr old vampire this season, Jacob Hopkins; whose mom brought him over to sign and may I say what a polite young man he is. Let's not forget the other child star of the show, Chloe Noelle (Emma). Both were very nice and gracious to sign and take photos with their new fans. Thanks Jacob and Chloe!







Todd Lowe was the next to make his way down the line to me. I appreciate it Todd. He plays an awesome character (Terry) on the show.


Next up was Louis Hertham (J.D.), who was also very nice and thanked us for being fans. Thank you Louis.


A newcomer to the U.S. audience is non other than U.K. star Lucy Griffiths. She will be playing Nora on season 5. I'm anxious to see her on screen, cause she is beautiful off screen. :P


Speaking of beauty, next up is Camilla Luddington (Claudette). She was very nice and what a smile. You may have seen her in Californication. There were many pictures being taken of the True Blood beauties. What a night.



Let's not forget my favorite non-vamp on the show, Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette). Unfortunately for me, they scooped him up after only signing for a few minutes and I was unable to get Nelsan on my cast shots. :(  Next time Nelsan. Next time.



While Nelsan was signing on one end, they brought over Sam Trammel (Sam Merlotte) to the keep us company. Sam was very nice and signed for everyone, but they did not allow him to take photos with. I will have to catch him another time as he is also one of my favs on the show. Actually, I love everyone on the show :)


Next up was Tara Buck (Ginger), who was very nice to everyone while signing and taking photos. Another True Blood beauty for sure. Thanks so much Tara!


While Tara was signing, I couldn't help but look to see what all the Ewww's and Ahhh's were about. It was for Kevin Alejandro (Jesus). He was as nice as can be. Kevin probably spent the most amount of time with everyone while taking pictures not only for us, but with his own camera as well. Thanks so much Kevin! I know everyone appreciated it (especially my friend Leilani).



Next up was our favorite minister Michael McMillian (Reverend Steve), who is a newly turned vamp on this season. Glad to have you back Michael. Hope your bringing your wife with you :)



The nice guy on the show is Jim Parrack (Hoyt). He is in love with Jessica, who is one of my favs. Jim was very nice and signed for everyone. Thanks so much!


One of our favorite waitresses at Merlotte's was up next. Lauren Bowles was signing autographs and taking pictures with everyone. Look at that smile. Thanks so much Lauren!


Not even being buried in a block of cement can hold this Old Timer back. Yes, you guessed it; Russell Edgerton is back. Denis O'Hare was a very nice and posed while signing for everyone. I'm really looking forward to this season and see what trouble Russell brings.


She's baaaaaacccckkk! Michelle Forbes (Mary Ann) was here to sign autographs and take photos with fans. We really appreciate it Michelle! Thanks so much!


Signing at the same time as Michelle, was Debra Ann Woll (Jessica). I'm really lucky I didn't have to chose between the two and managed to get both of them on my cast shots. I told Debra she looked beautiful and was one of my favs, and she accused me of saying that to all the girls. Debra...just for the record...I meant it. :)

The Vamp with the attitude was so nice in person. Kristen Bauer van Straten (Pam) is so much fun to watch on the show. I love this woman! Girls with an attitude really get your attention.


The moment everyone (well...me of course) was waiting for...Alexander Skarsgard (Eric Northman). He was signing and taking pictures with everyone, but only 1 autograph per person. I know people that got 3 or 4, and although he told me only 1; he was nice enough to sign a second for me. Thanks so much Alex! You are definitely one of my favs!



Well...that was it for arrivals for me. I did manage to get Rutina Wesley on one of my cast shots thanks to my helper. I was so busy trying to get Alexander on my 2nd cast shot that I didn't even notice she was signing until she was done. Now...let's wait for the exit autographing to begin.

Upon leaving the theatre, those who stayed on the arrivals side were lucky enough to get Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton). I was not that lucky! I did however, manager to get the lovely, and I mean LOVELY, Anna Camp (Sarah). She is such a sweet person and what a smile folks. I was the first one to recognize her and ask her to sign my cast shots and a couple of index cards for me to which Anna was more than happy to sign. Anna, you really made my night! Thank you so much!


And that's a wrap people. I stayed for a little bit longer once the after-party started and had to leave or I would have been sleeping in my rental car. According to my friends, I missed Carrie, Nelsan and Stephen; who all signed upon leaving the party. Oh well...I got over 20 graphs on my items and am one happy TB fan! Thanks so much for the experience. I will definitely be back next year early. :)

Here are a few pictures of the items I had done. Hope you enjoy them!

Here are the (3) 12x18" cast pieces that I was lucky enough to get done (with the help of friends). They have all the signatures of the people listed above.




This piece still needs a lot to be complete, but it does have Alexander, Debra Ann and Sam on it for now. I'm still pretty happy with it. :) It's a 12x18 piece.


It took quite a bit of work, but Alexander was nice enough to sign this Battleship 8x10 for me. Thanks Alex! You're the best!


Joe was so nice and signed this 8x10 for me also. My friend Leilani gave me this 8x10 and the one of Alex, since I didn't have any individual shots of them. Thanks so much to Leilani for giving me this (one with his shirt on), and to Joe for signing it.


For those of you who know me, you know I collect guitars and getting a pick guard done is not an easy feat since pretty much everyone sells them, so celebs think you are selling it also (I always have to explain that these are for me...but they prob don't believe me). :)  This one is signed by Debra Ann, Joe, Alex and Sam. It will look good on a red guitar hanging on my wall soon.



Well...that's it for my first blog. It only took me 5 hours to complete. LOL. Hopefully I will get better at it. My next one will be Sons of Anarchy! Give me feedback and tell me how you liked this. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment